A soul warming winter recipe all the way from Brooklyn, NY.
Vegan Ginger Carrot Soup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound carrots, chopped
- 1¾ cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh peeled ginger
- 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt - http://bit.ly/1L7fLMO
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper - http://bit.ly/1U1LRkr
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the carrots, broth, orange juice and ginger; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat.
6. Puree with immersion blender or let cool for 15 minutes and blend in a blender, until very smooth.
7. Return the soup to the saucepan and stir in the coconut milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
8. Reheat the soup over medium heat until hot.
9. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
Thank you Food to live for this lovely recipe!
Friday 30th of September 2016